We want to send you some encouragement during this time. You’re not alone, friend. We’ll be posting on our Facebook Page regular devotions that we pray bring you some joy. If you happened to miss our recent posts, you can always find them here on the church website. Please let us know how we can pray for you and support you in this time.
November is an historical faith marker for us. This month we radically invest into what God is doing. This month we give our Miracle Sunday Offering.
On November 22, we’ll celebrate God’s extraordinary faithfulness. It’s been part of our Life Center story for 43 years as we unite together for a “Reverse Tithe” thanksgiving offering. There’s never been a year like 2020. We’ve been gathering both digitally and physically for over 9 months. And because we’ve had this “phygital” (physical and digital) experience, we get to bring our Miracle Sunday Offering both digitally and physically. All offerings given on November 22, unless otherwise designated, will be Miracle Sunday offerings.
For those newer to Life Center, you might be asking what is a reverse tithe? While we may be used to bringing God’s 10%, a reverse tithe is giving the 90% of that week’s wages and seeing what God will do with the remaining 10%. It is a sacrifice that shouts that we are dependent on a faithful God. The fact that 2020 has been so challenging, even life altering, drives us to be even more intentional in bringing our thanksgiving gift, and expressing both our gratitude and reliance on God.
This year’s offering will be directed to three areas: Project number one is CityServe and the amazing local outreach opportunities they bring to our community. Second is phase 3 of the refugee response known as The New Exodus Project. And, the third project is our own City of Lakewood, assisting the city in shoring up critical areas: Project Shepherd, Lakewood Educational Foundation and our Weingart Senior Center.
See below for more details about each project individually. I am so excited! We get to do something big together. Both our faith and generosity are parts of our Thanksgiving gift. We get to see God at work as He not only supplies our needs but also uses us to bless others.
Pastor Glenn Garvin, Lead Pastor
We are here for you. Fill out the below information so we can be praying for you any time.
We are so excited to have you join us Sunday Nights at 7pm for an evening outdoor service in the church parking lot. We will have limited on-site parking for those who would prefer to stay in their vehicles and tune in via FM radio (station to be provided). Please bring your own seating.
Kids Church will be ONLINE at 9am.
Sunday Morning Reflections will be on Facebook following Kids Church at 10am.
Evening Service will be available via YouTube at 7pm.
Given the updates from the State of California,
we are returning to our online programming.
We want to keep our church family safe, so we have returned to online services.
More updates will follow as information is made available by state and county officials.
Kids Church will be ONLINE also at 9am.
We are so excited for Kids Crusade 2020! You can join us from anywhere with an internet connection this year. Sign up below to register for your Kids Crusade Kit with all the special supplies you'll need to interact with Kids Crusade.
Join Professor Benedict Alexander Dumbledore Wolfe and our four champions as they learn how to Stand Strong in a series of competitions at Kingdom Academy. You'll embark on a journey in a far away land full of mysteries, temptation and adventure.
Please make sure to sign up every child individually so they get their own kit.
We are so excited to have you join us on August 9th and September 13th for an evening outdoor service in the church parking lot. We will have limited on-site parking for those who would prefer to stay in their vehicles and tune in via FM radio (station to be provided). We will have a few pop-up canopies available, but please bring your own seating.
Check out the video below for all the details!
As we meet back together in our church building, things will look different. Please be patient and flexible with us as we work together to create a safe and healthy environment for our staff, trained volunteers and congregation.
• The building will be sanitized before and after each service and touch points will be wiped down as needed.
• Allow ushers and trained volunteers to open doors, hand you any necessary materials, collect the offering without passing plates.
• Do not pass items to or share items with other church members.
• Do not linger when service is over. Exit in a timely manner so we can disinfect the building for the next service.
• Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches (not a comprehensive list)
• If you have any of these symptoms, or have been around anyone with symptoms, please stay home.
• You can spread the virus to others without showing symptoms. Please be mindful of those around you and do not attend church if you think you have been exposed to the virus.
• Face masks can be cloth or disposable.
• They should fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face, with ties or loops behind the ears.
• Please keep your mask on while in the building.
• Refrain from touching or adjusting your mask. If you do, please wash or sanitize your hands before touching any surfaces.
• Ushers or trained volunteers will be opening doors and/or handing out any necessary materials.
• Only one person or family will be allowed inside the restroom at a time.
• If needed, wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or more.
• Hand sanitizer stations will be available in various points through the building.
• Offering plates will not be passed, but ushers will be collecting toward the end of the service.
• Follow all posted signage and verbal instructions regarding physical distancing.
• Families will be seated together in rows by an usher with ample space between
• Please do not linger in the lobby. Help us get everyone inside by moving through each station quickly.
• Keep children with you at all times.