November is an historical faith marker for us. This month we radically invest into what God is doing. This month we give our Miracle Sunday Offering.
On November 22, we’ll celebrate God’s extraordinary faithfulness. It’s been part of our Life Center story for 43 years as we unite together for a “Reverse Tithe” thanksgiving offering. There’s never been a year like 2020. We’ve been gathering both digitally and physically for over 9 months. And because we’ve had this “phygital” (physical and digital) experience, we get to bring our Miracle Sunday Offering both digitally and physically. All offerings given on November 22, unless otherwise designated, will be Miracle Sunday offerings.
For those newer to Life Center, you might be asking what is a reverse tithe? While we may be used to bringing God’s 10%, a reverse tithe is giving the 90% of that week’s wages and seeing what God will do with the remaining 10%. It is a sacrifice that shouts that we are dependent on a faithful God. The fact that 2020 has been so challenging, even life altering, drives us to be even more intentional in bringing our thanksgiving gift, and expressing both our gratitude and reliance on God.
This year’s offering will be directed to three areas: Project number one is CityServe and the amazing local outreach opportunities they bring to our community. Second is phase 3 of the refugee response known as The New Exodus Project. And, the third project is our own City of Lakewood, assisting the city in shoring up critical areas: Project Shepherd, Lakewood Educational Foundation and our Weingart Senior Center.
See below for more details about each project individually. I am so excited! We get to do something big together. Both our faith and generosity are parts of our Thanksgiving gift. We get to see God at work as He not only supplies our needs but also uses us to bless others.
Pastor Glenn Garvin, Lead Pastor